photo: Reuters

Ariana Grande was MIA from the Emmys on Monday night, and now we know why. She decided to opt out of attending the big awards show and instead chose to spend a night in with her fiancé, Pete Davidson. 

According to People, Grande needs some time to heal after dealing with several tragedies, including the terrorist attack at the Manchester, England show of her Dangerous Woman tour last year, and the recent death of her ex-boyfriend Mac Miller. 

That would be a lot for anyone to handle, so it's completely understandable that she wants to step away from the spotlight for the time being. 

Ariana Grande was supposedly all set to attend the Emmys on Monday night.

An alleged seating chart even floated around, and it had her sitting next to fiancé Pete Davidson.

But sadly, the couple didn't end up making an appearance at the event, which took place in Los Angeles. Instead, they hung out in New York City.

Grande has definitely been in need of some "me time" after everything she's been through lately.

Just last week, her ex-boyfriend Mac Miller died of an apparent overdose.

She took to Instagram to share feelings on Miller's sudden death, writing that he was her "dearest friend."

"I adored you from the day I met you when I was 19, and I always will," she said. 

"I can’t believe you aren’t here anymore," Grande continued. "I really can’t wrap my head around it."

Some people have blamed Grande for not doing more to help Miller, but others have defended her, saying that she was always very supportive.

Saying goodbye to a close friend is never easy, so it's no wonder that Grande would like some time to process this loss. 

On top of losing Miller, People reports that Ariana is still coping with anxiety and PTSD.

Grande's mental health was understandably affected by the terrorist attack at one of her shows in Manchester, UK last year, where a suicide bomber killed 22 people and injured more than 500.

She was also recently at the center of a groping scandal. While performing at Aretha Franklin's funeral, Bishop Charles H. Ellis III appeared to touch Grande inappropriately.

Without a doubt, Grande deserves to take as much time as she needs to heal from all that she has been through.